Mental Health & Safe Spaces
- Headspace: Meditation and mindfulness for your everyday life
- Wellness: Setting small, doable health goals in areas that matter to you.
- Mindshift: Helps you learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- Calm: Sleep, meditation, music, mindful movement, nature scenes
- Rootd: Anxiety relief
- 10 Percent Happier: guided meditations and practical teachings
- Simple Habit: Sleep, meditation, mindfulness
- iBreathe: Deep breathing exercises
Work out at home
- Cups N Cakes: Inside the Artist's Studio- interviews with Canadian artists
- Studio B: Conversations with Sarah Scott, about the good, bad & business side of the music industry for emerging/independent artists with the professionals themselves
- Canadian Musician Podcast: Hosts Andrew King & Mike Raine bring you the latest from the Canadian music industry. Listen to in-depth interviews with artists, industry experts & more
- Kreative Kontrol: Thoughtful, funny, heartfelt interviews and in-depth documentaries about musicians, authors, comedians, and other cultural creators. Hosted by Vish Khanna
- Turned Out A Punk: Hosted by Damian Abraham of F*d Up. Conversations with interesting person from the far reaching worlds of entertainment to find out how their life was changed by the discovery of a novelty genre that supposedly died out in 1978... PUNK.
- Vintage Edmonton Music Podcast: Features vintage music and audio form Edmonton's history
- Mike on Much: Hosted by Mike Veerman, a seasoned writer, director, and producer, the Mike On Much podcast features long-form interviews with compelling cultural figures from the world of music, comedy and entertainment
- Ongoing History of New Music: Ongoing History of New Music looks at things from the alt-rock universe to hip hop, from artist profiles to various thematic explorations. It is Canada’s most well known music documentary hosted by the legendary Alan Cross.
- Trading Spaces: A meditative music interview podcast featuring ambient, electronic, and experimental luminaries.
- Lead Singer Syndrome: Shane Told, frontman of the rock band Silverstein, brings you candid interviews with all of your favourite singers
ARTS/ CULTURE PODCASTS
- Perspectives YYC: Interviews with local artists, creatives, and incredible people who help create initiatives, pieces, and general art history in Calgary
- Cross Pollination: Creativity and creating something new through cross-pollinating or combining ideas, disciplines, skills, talents and areas of knowledge
- Popcycle: Hosts Christian Zyp and Eric Newby weave a fine yarn tapestry of pop-culture history. By connecting poignant points of cultural history, they go full-circle starting with one band, movie, song, you name it - and end up right back where they started
- Modern Manhood: Supported by NextGenMen, discusses the lives and viewpoints of many different male voices talking about their own masculinity
- Yeg.Me: Connecting with Edmontonians about Edmonton
- Don't Call Me a Guru: Don't Call Me a Guru is a podcast about social media strategy, from Canadian social media strategist Linda Hoang. Subscribe to the podcast and check back for a new show monthly
- The Well Endowed Podcast: Production of the Edmonton Community Foundation. Hear stories about the people who use their support to build and sustain social initiatives, empower youth, strengthen arts and culture, and so much more
- Pleasure Studies: Created by indie icon, Feist, we hear the stories of people who have followed their dreams, lived long lives, endured devastation, and come out the other side with a greater understanding of what it means to be alive.
- The Secret Life of Canada: Highlights the people, places, and stories that don’t make it into your high school textbook (CBC)
- All My Relations Hosted by Matika Wilbur (Swinomish and Tulalip) and Adrienne Keene (Cherokee Nation), exploring our relationships— relationships to land, to our creatural relatives, and to one another. Each episode invites guests to delve into a different topic facing Native peoples today as we keep it real, play games, laugh a lot, and even cry sometimes
- Indian & Cowboy Incubator Series: Recently announced 9 new podcasts coming. Stay tuned for details
- Celebrity Pawcast: Talks with famous animal lovers, athletes, actors, musicians, and other celebrities about how their relationship with their pets and how it has shaped their lives
- Time For Your Hobby: Interviews about guests strange hobbies
NEWS/ TALK-SHOW PODCASTS
- Canadaland: Media criticism and self abuse from Jesse Brown (Canadaland)
- MEDIA INDIGENA: Indigneous current affairs with Rick Harp
- Wait There's More: Daily podcast by Global News, host Tamara Khandaker takes you inside the headlines to reveal the full story, explore new angles, ask tough questions, and talk directly to the people most affected by the big stories
- Sprawlcast: A show for curious Calgarians who want more than the daily news grind. A collaboration between CJSW 90.9 FM and The Sprawl
- Front Burner: CBC News podcast led by host Jayme Poisson. Bringing you a deeper understanding of the big stories shaping Canada, and the world
- The Eyeopener: Sets the agenda for the day, asking the questions that need to be answered and bringing compelling local stories to Calgarians
- Alberta Advantage: Commentary and analysis on local and provincial politics from a left perspective
- 49th Parahell: Political podcast exploring the hellish nightmare world of modern reality
- Follow-Up: Althia Raj hosts frank conversations with top Canadian political insiders
- Stop Podcasting Yourself: Canada's top comedy podcast, hosted by Graham Clark and Dave Shumka with weekly guests
- This Sounds Serious: A comedic fictional podcast, this homage to true crime storytelling plays with familiar styles, tones, and tropes of popular crime podcasts and Netflix documentaries.
- Red Man Laughing: Rants and monologues by Ojibway/Metis Comedian Ryan McMahon. (Indian & Cowboy)
- Retail Nightmares: Hosted by Alicia Tobin and Jessica Delisle
- That's How I Remember It: 6 Toronto improvisers take YOUR favourite movie and re-tell the story through improv
- Nothing Much Happens: Bedtime stories for grownups, in which nothing much happens, you feel good and then you fall asleep.
- Sleep With Me: The narrator takes a random topic and fills it with extra tangents, rambling sentences, and a soothing monotone voice, making the show as incomprehensible and sleep-inducing as possible
- Classical Music Discoveries: The benefits of classical music are widely covered, from health and wellness to creativity to, you guessed it, sleep
- Public Libraries: Whether you want to learn a new language, read an eBook or eAudiobook, stream an award-winning movie or enjoy a storytime with your little one, there's a world of possibilities instantly available at your fingertips.
- Audrey's Books: Offering curbside service and free delivery for orders over $50 in Edmonton
- The Glass Bookshop: Offering free delivery to Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St.Albert. We celebrate Edmonton, Albertan, and Canadian writing, that will emphasize queer writing, writing by Indigenous and Black writers, writers of colour, and the independent Canadian publishers who are producing this vital work.
- Fair's Fair Books: Offering curbside pickup and orders by email/ telephone. Serving Calgary since 1988, Fair’s Fair Books offers quality used books at fair prices and with exceptional service
- Owl's Nest Books: Offering free delivery and curbside pick-up between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Saturday in Calgary. Books can be ordered online or by phone. Calgary's oldest independent bookstore.
- Shelf Life Books: Offering curbside pickup or free local home delivery in Calgary. Browse their entire inventory, staff picks, and curated book lists on their online store
- Cafe Books: Free shipping or delivery to Canmore, Banff, Exeshaw, Cochrane and Calgary. Order online or over the phone.