The LIVESTOCK program promotes the excellence of Alberta’s artists and industry through domestic and international showcasing, internet broadcasting, and through the release and distribution of Alberta Music samplers. This is also where you will find the most relevant information regarding music festivals, conferences and any other live opportunity that is coming down the wire.
Are you an artist who is actively recording and touring? Are you looking for opportunities to get what you are doing in front of the right people? ALBERTA MUSIC's LIVESTOCK program will provide performing artists and bands with opportunities to appear on stages at appropriate events across Canada and around the world. This program will support a range of genres, from Country to Indie Rock, and a wide range of experience, from emerging talent to artists already starting to develop a market internationally.
In most cases, artists and bands will only be eligible for an Alberta Music showcase if they have submitted an application to the festival/conference where the showcase is going to take place. It is not always imperative that the artist is accepted into that festival/conference, but it certainly does help.
Often a call for submissions will go out a few months before an event, asking artists to submit a bio and a link to soundcloud files or a sonicbids site, where their music can be streamed. Submission details do change with every event. Submitted artists will be put before an impartial jury and selected as deemed most deserving and most appropriate for that particular event. For international showcases it is important that artists are deemed 'export ready'. It is also extremely important that all artists submitting to the LIVESTOCK program have an up-to-date FACTOR profile.
From 2012 to 2014 ALBERTA MUSIC put on LIVESTOCK events at:
Canadian Music Week (Toronto), The Great Escape (Brighton), Canadian Country Music Week (Edmonton), The Americana Music Conference (Nashville), Reeperbahn Festival (Hamburg), Breakout West (Calgary), CMJ (New York City)
Some of the artists we have worked with include:
Calvin Love, 100 mile house, Alex Vissia, Amy Thiessen, Chris Gheran, Jenie Thai, Lucas Chaisson, Maddison Krebs, PEAR, T.Buckley Duo, The Doll Sisters, Tim Hus, Gold, Doug Hoyer, Hot Panda, Shout Out Out Out Out, Pear, Born Gold, Nuela Charles, Wool On Wolves, Sidney York, Fist City, Lab Coast, The Provincial Archive, Travis Bretzer, Joe Nolan, JJ Shiplett, Colleen Brown, Jenny, Owls By Nature, Boreal Sons, Clinton St. John, Reuben and the Dark, Tenille, The Boom Chucka Boys, The Command Sisters, PORT JUVEE, Astral Swans, The Wet Secrets.
With the necessary technology getting more accessible it is easier than it has ever been to broadcast our showcasing events live to the world via the internet. The world is getting smaller every day and we want to make sure that we are getting out into it as much as possible.
Every year ALBERTA MUSIC will release a 'sampler' of some of the artists that we are working with through the LIVESTOCK program. These sampler Dropcards or CDs will be distributed by our staff at music festivals and conferences. As well, we will occasionally make music samplers for specific showcase events, especially at international conferences, for the purpose of promoting the artists we are presenting at the conference.
February 2015 will see the release of the LIVESTOCK Sampler V4
SIDE A (Roots/Folk/Country)
- Brent Tyler - Pretty Tune
- Curtis Glas - What She Wants
- Hey Romeo - Won't Be Over You
- Jake Ian - Golden Ash
- Jay Sparrow - All The Boys Want You
- JJ Shiplett - Higher Ground
- Joal Kamps - Time Stand Still
- Joe Nolan - Autumn Sky
- Katie and Jason - Let's Get Outta Here
- Ken Stead - TBD
- Kirby Sewell Band - Girl With a New Tattoo
- Quentin Reddy - Moonlight Ride
- Scott Cook - Pass It Along
- Son Of Ray - Keep Me Strong
- The Blackbelts - Waiting On You
- The Boom Chucka Boys - Turn This Car Around
- The Command Sisters - Petals
- The Orchard - Gone Missin'
- The Royal Foundry - All We Have
- TwoShine County - Make It With You
SIDE B (Alt/Rock/Pop)
- 36? - The Man at the Door
- All Else Fails - AntiMartyr
- Ann Vriend - A Need So Wide (You're the One)
- Astral Swans - You Carry A Sickness
- Beach Season - Midnights <3
- Boreal Sons - Sparks
- Bryan Finlay - Good Times
- Cowpuncher - Wait In Gold
- Doug Hoyer - The One for Me
- Hello Moth - Clouds in Cloudless Skies
- Jesse and the Dandelions - Looking at the Sun
- Napalmpom - Feint of Heart
- PORT JUVEE - Revenge
- Sabo Forte - Little Cloud Maker
- SAVK - Thunder Thighs
- Scenic Route to Alaska - Paris
- Tasman Jude - Every Breath
- The Provincial Archive - The Market
- The Wet Secrets - I Can Swing A Hammer
- Windigo - Disco
Calls for submissions will always go out before a music sampler is compiled.