To be export ready you must have a realistic business and marketing plan AND meet at least four (4) of the following criteria:
1. Have at least one *commercially released album or EP in Canada in the past 24 months or have plans for a commercially released album or EP in Canada in the next 6 months.
2. Have completed at least one Canadian tour comprising of 10 dates or more in the past 18 months or have confirmed dates in the next 6 months in Canada.
3. Have an established team comprising of at least 2 of the following: artist manager, record label, booking agent or publicist
4. Have public Recognition/Industry Recognition comprising of any of the following: video play, web hits/streams, music press, blogs, awards, radio
5. Have airplay on a published chart in the past 24 months – nationally or internationally
6. Have a minimum of 1500 combined **units sold (of all releases).
7. Have at least one album or EP that has been released or distributed internationally
8. Have completed an international tour / showcase in the past 24 months or have an upcoming international tour or international showcase bookings
9. A sync/licensing placement in a commercially released film, television series, or advertisement.
Please include all social media statistics, as although they are not a criteria, they will be considered.
* Any recording that has been released and made available to the general public through traditional distribution (ie: retail stores) digital delivery systems (iTunes), and websites on a non-consignment basis.
** A unit is defined as any physical release, digital album or EP, a digital single counts as .25 units
Alberta Music will be the reviewing all submissions.
Please submit inquiries to Carly Klassen: email@example.com