The Royal Foundry
“if Mumford & Sons ever held a Super-Jam with Arcade Fire, it might sound something like The Royal Foundry’s new single “Running Away.” – [ Grant Lawrence, CBC Music ]
The Royal Foundry came together through the marriage of Bethany Schumacher and Jared Salte. What started as a folk duo quickly evolved into a full throttle Alt-Pop quartet. Both Jared and Bethany were born and raised amongst the beautiful Prairie-Skies of Alberta, Canada. Bethany was the preacher’s daughter who developed a love for the visual arts. Jared on the other hand grew up surrounded by music as the son of a Touring-Rock-Musician. They quickly formed through a musical and literal marriage. Jared and Bethany Salte had no intentions of starting the Electro-Folk-Pop trio that is now The Royal Foundry; But after the release of “All We Have” received international exposure through the John Lennon Songwriting Competition and ABC’s Rookie Blue they knew they had discovered something special.
* ‘Dreamers’ becomes the official app song for SongFreedoms
* ‘Dreamers’ licensed to Disney for the 2016 Wedding Fashion Release
* Single release for ‘Dreamers’ unveiled at The World Cup of Hockey
* “Running Away” featured on TSN for the CFL as well as NPR, BBC, CBC, RTÉ and Triple J. “Top 10 Songs Public Radio Can’t Stop Playing.” , ENMAX Commercial and Alberta Environmental Campaign
* “Running Away” #23 on Canadian Alt Rock
* Winner of $75,000 at the Peak Performance Project
* “Start This Fire” Sync Placement for National “Purina” Commercial.
* “Waiting” featured on Good Morning America and BuzzFeed with over 7 million views
* Showcases : Reeperbahn, CMW, NXNE, SXSW and Americana Music Conference
* “All We Have” on ABC’s “Rookie Blue” and MTV’s “Catfish”
* Peak Performance Project 2015 & 2014
* JLSC Finalist 2014 “Folk Song”
* Toured & Showcased Internationally in Canada, USA, Germany and Poland.
In 2015 they won $75,000 as part of the Peak Performance Project for their song “Running Away” Which peaked at #22 on Alt-Rock Stations across Canada! It has also been featured on TSN as the opening song for the CFL. This new direction pulls them away from their folk roots and is the sort of music you might expect if Mutemath crashed a tea party with Coldplay and The Civil Wars. Their list of accolades reads like a list of a band that’s been together for at least a decade. It’s hard to imagine that this has happened in just two short years.
In 2016 they’re single “Start This Fire” was featured in an International Ad Campaign for Purina Dog Chow which lead to them signing their first Major Publishing deal with PeerMusic. On September 23rd they released their latest single ‘Dreamers’ which was first exposed during their live concert for the WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY in Toronto, On. Soon after release, ©Disney quickly jumped on board to use the new release of the song for their 2017 Wedding Dress Fashion Line.
It is gaining radio traction across Canada and Campus Radio US on both Alt-radio and Pop-radio and is currently #35 on Alt-Rock across Canada.
“Wow, great song! (All We Have) Edmonton band The Royal Foundry are like Stars if they played acoustic instruments, or Bahamas if he permanently shared the stage with Feist. Love this band!“ – [ CBC Music ]
industry role: Artist/Band