The Slaight Music Residency is an unparalleled creative and business experience for up to six music creators a year. Chaired by Juno Award-winning singer-songwriter Marc Jordan and internationally acclaimed composer and musician Lesley Barber, this part-time nine-month program fully integrates composers and songwriters into the onscreen narrative storytelling process.
The Residency affords music creators the opportunity to:
- Deepen their understanding of the relationship between music and film/ TV through high-level case studies and workshops
- Effectively translate their musical talent to onscreen applications
- Accelerate business opportunities through access to international guests, mentors and industry professionals
- Create original music for a number of productions while expanding their onscreen music reel
- Position and package themselves for work in the screen entertainment industry
- Extend their creative community and establish strong collaborative partnerships with other artists/creators