March 12, 2020
Alberta Music team members will be working from home for the foreseeable future and use of our resource centre will be postponed until further notice. Even working remotely we remain entirely willing and able to serve all members, artists and industry during this time. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us without hesitation.
The health and safety of our team, our members, our guests, and our communities is our top priority and we’re keeping a close eye on public health updates and new around COVID-19, aka Coronavirus.
*Updated December 11, 2020*
Alberta Music has received a number of inquiries about how to prepare for a possible coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak from our colleagues in the arts sector. We are happy to share the links below where you can access general communications for individuals and for workplaces.
Alberta is taking aggressive new public health actions to limit the spread of the COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide more information as it comes available.
If you are in the position to do so, please support local.
- Alberta Health Services: Information and guidance from AHS regarding the current outbreak of COVID-19. Alberta Health Services is the lead agency for any health operations and public communications.
- Government of Alberta: Learn about COVID-19 and actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans.
- Government of Alberta Financial Assistance: Financial assistance for unexpected emergencies is available through the Emergency Needs Allowance
- Health Canada: Travel health notice.
- Government of Canada: More specific information pertaining to mass gatherings can be found here.
- Emergency Wage Subsidy Calculator
- Support for you business tool
- Managing your business during COVID
- Employment Insurance (CEBA)
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
- Government of Alberta – Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant:
The website is currently being updated, the amount of the grant has increased from $5,000 to a maximum of $20,000. The application is not yet open but will open soon.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant (SMERG)
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
- Canada Emergency Bank Account (CEBA)
- Government of Canada: Indigenous Community Support Fund
- Unison Benevolent Fund: Financial assistance
- Glad Day: Glad Day is uniquely positioned to be able to identify and support LGBTQ2S artists, performers and tip-based workers who are in dire financial need.
Music Industry Resources
- Canadian Live Music Association: Recommendations from Canada’s Live Music Industry
- Music Managers Forum
- Unison Benevolent Fund: COVID-19 resources for the music community
- CMRRA: update from President Paul Shaver
- FACTOR: Update on cancellation policy
- CAPACOA: Response for the live music sector
- ROZCA Foundation: Funding, Management, and Wellness resources
- PRS Foundation: Advice for overseas activities or performances
- HUB International: Managing your business through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Event Safety Alliance: Preparing your organization for the Coronavirus Outbreak
- She Shreds Magazine: Supporting musicians and live professionals during COVID-19
- Canada Council: Important information related to COVID-19
- Bandzoogle: How musicians can ask fans for support during the coronavirus pandemic
- EAC: Resources to help artists, collectives and organizations navigate through this difficult time
- Starlite Sessions Call to Action: Help advocate for aid towards independent venues, promoters, agencies or festivals by signing the petition/ spreading the word/ writing to your MP’s, MLA’s, PM, Premier.
- Sound Diplomacy Music Cities Resilience Handbook: A plan for how music can drive recovery, build resilience and create better cities and urban development for all of us
- Support Canadian Venues: Working to make sure musicians, artists, fans, and crew all have a place to come home to when this health crisis is over. Add your voice and help them be heard. Sign the petition and write the Federal Government what Canadian Independent venues mean to you
Mental Health & Safe Spaces
- World Health Organization: Coping with stress during COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Protecting your mental health
- Unison Benevolent Fund
- Coping with coronavirus Anxiety
- Offers counselling and health solutions
- Alberta Health Services
- Spotify: Meditation and Mindfulness for Musicians
- I Lost My Gig Facebook Group: A space for arts and other vulnerable freelance and gig workers in Canada and beyond to share stories and resources addressing the impacts of COVID-19
- *Updated September 11: Guidance for Singing and Vocal Performance
- Considerations for Recording Studios as they Reopen
- Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide
- Alberta Biz Connect: Workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 begin to reopen and resume operations safely.