March 12, 2020
Alberta Music team members will be working from home for the foreseeable future and use of our resource centre will be postponed until further notice. Even working remotely we remain entirely willing and able to serve all members, artists and industry during this time. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us without hesitation.
The health and safety of our team, our members, our guests, and our communities is our top priority and we’re keeping a close eye on public health updates and new around COVID-19, aka Coronavirus.
Alberta Music has received a number of inquiries about how to prepare for a possible coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak from our colleagues in the arts sector. We are happy to share the links below where you can access general communications for individuals and for workplaces.
Alberta is taking aggressive new public health actions to limit the spread of the COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide more information as it comes available.
Please visit alberta.ca for more information.
If you are in the position to do so, please support local.
- Alberta Health Services: Information and guidance from AHS regarding the current outbreak of COVID-19. Alberta Health Services is the lead agency for any health operations and public communications.
- Government of Alberta: Learn about COVID-19 and actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans.
- Government of Alberta Financial Assistance: Financial assistance for unexpected emergencies is available through the Emergency Needs Allowance
- Health Canada: Travel health notice.
- Government of Canada: More specific information pertaining to mass gatherings can be found here.
- The Globe and Mail: How to apply for EI and other COVID-19 emergency government income supports
- Government of Canada: Canada Emergency Response Benefit info
Music Industry Resources
- Canadian Live Music Association: Recommendations from Canada’s Live Music Industry
- Music Managers Forum
- Unison Benevolent Fund: COVID-19 resources for the music community
- CMRRA: update from President Paul Shaver
- FACTOR: Update on cancellation policy
- CAPACOA: Response for the live music sector
- PRS Foundation: Advice for overseas activities or performances
- HUB International: Managing your business through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Event Safety Alliance: Preparing your organization for the Coronavirus Outbreak
- She Shreds Magazine: Supporting musicians and live professionals during COVID-19
- Canada Council: Important information related to COVID-19
- Bandzoogle: How musicians can ask fans for support during the coronavirus pandemic
- EAC: Resources to help artists, collectives and organizations navigate through this difficult time
Mental Health & Safe Spaces
- World Health Organization: Coping with stress during COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Protecting your mental health
- Unison Benevolent Fund
- Coping with coronavirus Anxiety
- Offers counselling and health solutions
- Alberta Health Services
- Spotify: Meditation and Mindfulness for Musicians
- I Lost My Gig Facebook Group: A space for arts and other vulnerable freelance and gig workers in Canada and beyond to share stories and resources addressing the impacts of COVID-19
- Headspace: Meditation and mindfulness for your everyday life
- Wellness: Setting small, doable health goals in areas that matter to you.
- Mindshift: Helps you learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- Calm: Sleep, meditation, music, mindful movement, nature scenes
- Rootd: Anxiety relief
- 10 Percent Happier: guided meditations and practical teachings
- Simple Habit: Sleep, meditation, mindfulness