Together YEG Legacy Concert Series Series Producer EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
July 31, 2023
2023 JUNOs Host Committee
EOI: Together YEG Legacy Concert Series Series Producer EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
July 28, 2023
Edmonton has a rich musical history. It is one that continues to grow and change as the makeup of our city changes, as more and more people share their musical talents and their own musical histories. As we continue to listen to the underheard voices of our communities, we hear the universal sounds of music. We want to connect more of our communities together through music. More voices, more stories, more opportunities for new artists to be seen and heard and develop, maybe into our new generation of JUNO nominees. It is also an opportunity to grow our live music audiences and introduce them, possibly, to our live music venues. We aim to make these concerts financially accessible with a low ticket price.
The 2023 Edmonton JUNOs Host Committee is seeking Expressions of Interest for an Edmonton-based individual, company or cooperative to produce a series of monthly music concerts between September 1, 2023 and March 15, 2024 with the following requirements:
All concerts must adhere to the following criteria:
- Take place in Edmonton, AB
- Take place in live music venues, where live music is a primary business focus
- Produce at least one all-ages concert
- Produce at least one concert per month from September 1, 2023 to March 15, 2024
- Establish a ticketed show with the price point of $10.00-$20.00 per event
- Concert line up per show must showcase a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 acts per night (acts must be diverse in solo, duo, or full-band lineup; must consider cross-genre programming for each concert (pop, rock, reggae, classical, instrumental, hiphop, soul, celtic, jazz etc); must promote and include 2SLGBTQ+, BIPOC and artists and act as a connector for our Alberta music industry; shows should aim to start as early as the venue allows
- All acts/artists must be based in the greater Edmonton area (within 100 kms of YEG downtown core) Concert Series should be marketed under the TOGETHER YEG branding established as part of the BAND TOGETHER 2023 JUNOs Host Committee.
2023 JUNOs Host Committee
All ticket revenue will be donated to a charity agreed upon by Alberta Music and the 2023 JUNOs Host Committee executive.
The measures of success on this project will be based on attendance (50% + capacity); making new connections in the musical communities; and increasing the local music entertainment economy putting dollars back into as many aspects of the live music industry in our city as possible.
Decisions will not be solely based on the lowest price as service and value-added concessions will be assessed accordingly against the overall proposed event design.
The search for the successful candidate will be done in two phases.
- Interested parties are asked to reply with a letter of introduction and intent. Please include a short company biography as well as any notable accomplishments or events produced that would point to the respondent’s qualifications. Only serious and experienced candidates will be considered.
- Those who have been selected to move through to the second phase will be provided with a budget and will be asked to submit a maximum two-page proposal, which should include a top-line budget and marketing and communications plan.Expressions of Interest will be evaluated by staff of Alberta Music and members of the 2023 JUNOs Host Committee.Alberta Music is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming and unbiased employer and encourages applications from all equity-seeking groups.
Please submit your Expression of Interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday August 9, 2023 at 4:30pm.