Now Hiring: Program Coordinator
August 16, 2022
Alberta Music is seeking applications for the role of Program Coordinator. This role is responsible for the administrative and logistical elements of our new Backstage Pass program. This is a contract position open to individuals from either Calgary or Edmonton.
Program Coordinator – Backstage Pass
Type: Part-Time Contract
Compensation: $1000 / month
Location: Alberta Music has offices in both Edmonton and Calgary and candidates from either location will be considered.
Contract Term: September 2022 – March 31st, 2023
About Alberta Music
Alberta Music is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in
the music industry to succeed in their careers. We are member-based, representing members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, managers, songwriters, studios, venues and beyond. Through our programs and services, we provide information, education, advocacy and industry opportunities to develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Alberta music industry.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the administrative and logistical elements of Alberta Music’s Backstage Pass programming. The Backstage Pass program provides members with music industry education through Industry Information Sessions, Professional Development Workshops, Networking Events and Mixers.
The Program Coordinator will assist in the preparation of in person and virtual events. The Program Coordinator shall be in attendance at all events to support in the successful execution of Backstage Pass, unless otherwise agreed by Alberta Music.
Duties to include, but not limited to,
- Event organization and execution of monthly events virtually as well as in-person throughout Alberta;
- Work within the approved budget, which includes but is not limited to the tracking and monitoring of all expenditures, seeking approval on costs, scanning receipts and ensuring accurate financial records are maintained.
- Coordinate with partners and/or event sponsors, as directed by Alberta Music;
- Organize membership lists and monitor RSVPs;
- Collaborate with Program Manager and Coordinator,
- Coordinate details with the venue, catering, entertainment and décor;
- Ensure proper signage, sponsorship and funding displays; and,
- Other related duties as assigned by the Program Manager of Alberta Music.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge/awareness of both musicians and music industry professionals’ needs, along with current trends and circumstances in an ever-changing industry and regulatory environment.
- Experience in event planning and execution;
- A combination of education, training and relevant experience with a minimum 2-years of administration and coordination experience in a non-profit sector organization, membership based organizations or a degree in a related field would be an asset.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing skills;
- Exhibits proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications;
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills;
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure effective dissemination of information;
- Schedule flexibility: able to work evenings and weekends;
- Show professional conduct with internal and external clients – as staff of Alberta Music, you are always representing the organization;
Alberta Music is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming and unbiased employer and encourages applications from all equity-seeking groups. To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Program Coordinator. Applications will be accepted till 4PM on Friday, August 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity at Alberta Music; however, only candidates who meet the requirements and are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please find a PDF of this posting here.