Hiring Communications & Administrative Coordinator
February 18, 2022
Alberta Music is seeking applications for the role of Communications and Administrative Coordinator. While the role supports the work of the association and the two offices (Edmonton and Calgary), the position will be based in Edmonton. This is a permanent, full-time role.
COMMUNICATIONS AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Start Date: As soon as possible
ABOUT ALBERTA MUSIC
Alberta Music is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry to succeed in their careers. We are member-based, representing members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, managers, songwriters, studios, venues and beyond. Through our programs and services, we provide information, education, advocacy and industry opportunities to develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Alberta music industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative and communications assistance to Alberta Music management and staff.
The ideal candidate has a keen interest in the music industry who is interested in developing a career in this sector, enthusiastic about the local music scene, enjoys collaborative work on a variety of projects, and working with a distributed team.
- Implementation of Alberta Music’s communications and social media strategies, including but not limited to: newsletter creation and distribution, Instagram, Facebook, other social media platforms as required;
- Assist with the administration of Alberta Music’s programming including compiling results data, success stories, and assist in reporting;
- Provide career consultations for members and non-members;
- Represent Alberta Music at local and national events;
- Maintain membership database;
- Maintain and enhance member benefit programs;
- Educate members and non-members as to the benefits of membership;
- Manage office tech and liaise with phone/internet companies;
- Research artist and industry news and resources;
- Website content creation and management;
- Oversee general organization and cleanliness of office space and inventory of supplies;
- Front Desk / Reception duties;
- General clerical duties including assisting the Executive Director and Program Manager;
- Assist with finance administration tasks which may include coding, submitting and filing payables, and supporting the financial administration tasks required by the organization; and,
- Other related duties to support the organization.
Some travel is required for this position. All Alberta Music employees working in office or are required to travel as part of their job-related responsibilities are required to be in compliance with local health requirements (for example: current masking and vaccination requirements).
Alberta Music is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming and unbiased employer and encourages applications from all equity-seeking groups. To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume and three references to Christine Rogerson – Executive Director (interim) at email@example.com with subject line: Coordinator. Applications will be accepted till 6PM on Saturday, February 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity at Alberta Music; however, only candidates who meet the requirements and are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Find a PDF of this posting here.