Alberta Artist Songwriting Camp 2021: Hip Hop/ R&B Edition
October 18, 2021
Submissions for the 2021 Alberta Artist Songwriting Camp: Hip Hop / R&B Edition presented by Alberta Music are now open! This year’s edition of the songwriting camp will offer Alberta’s professional songwriters online sessions via zoom, providing an opportunity to strengthen their songwriting skills, network, and establish collaborative partnerships.
Artists will be selected and organized into groups to collaborate on two demo-ready songs. An intro session will run on November 23rd, and song-writing sessions with participants, mentors and facilitators will run over two weekends November 25th – 27th, and December 2nd – 4th. We will wrap it up with a virtual listening party to celebrate the success of the camp on December 6th.
The Alberta Artist Songwriting Camp is made possible with support from Bell Media.
Submission Deadline: November 1st, 2021 @ 11:59PM
SUBMISSION DETAILS + REQUIREMENTS:
* Open to Hip Hop and R&B artists
* Open to all ages
* Up to two band members (the primary songwriters) may attend if the band is selected
* Must be a current Alberta Music member
* Must be willing to sign co-writing agreements specific to each song
* Sessions may be recorded for promotional use
* Must be available for sessions November 23 (evening), November 25 – 27 (daytime) and December 2nd – 4th (daytime). Listening party taking place the evening of December 6th.