Showcase Opportunity: Come Together | Canada’s Coast-to-Coast Artist Showcase & Industry Mingler
July 22, 2021
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, August 9 at 11:59 ET
It’s time to get back on stage and reconnect in person with fans, industry, and other artists! Six music industry associations — Music BC, Alberta Music, Sask Music, Manitoba Music, Music Nova Scotia, Music Ontario and CIMA — are working together to present two days of industry showcases and meetings in Toronto this November.
Come Together is an opportunity for export-ready artists from across Canada to meet with, build business relationships, and showcase for key music industry professionals from Toronto and surrounding areas including labels, agents, managers, publishers, music supervisors, publicists, and more. Participants will work directly with their music industry association to identify key music business contacts to invite and meet with. This event has goals beyond showcasing with a push towards industry connections, team building and business strategies for both artists and businesses. Selected artists will be provided with an honorarium.
This opportunity is open to and will give priority to gender diversity and Black, Indigenous, People of Colour and 2SLGBTQIA+ voices.
Applicants considered for this opportunity must:
- Be an export-ready artist (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be available to perform in Toronto on any of these days: November 16, 17, 23, 24
- Be available for meetings prior to the event via Zoom or in person during the dates above
- Be a member of Music BC, Alberta Music, Sask Music, Manitoba Music, or Music Nova Scotia and a current resident of that province
- Be 18 years or older (including all band members if applicable)
- Have the financial capacity to undertake travel to and accommodations in Toronto (funding may be available but will not cover full costs)
- Be prepared to participate in the promotion of the showcase on social media
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Strength of team
- Export readiness
- Rationale for the showcase
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete or late.
For more info, please contact:
Cecilia Schlemm, Program Manager
Jimmy Leitch, Program Manager
Claire Boning, Membership & Events Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory
Dana Beeler, Events, Marketing, and Communications Manager
Kaelen Kypak, Program Manager