Hiring Program Manager
July 19, 2021
Job Posting: Program Manager
Location: Alberta Music has offices in both Edmonton and Calgary and candidates from either location will be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Health benefits package available, dependent of annual funding.
Start Date: As soon as possible
About Alberta Music
Alberta Music is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry to succeed in their careers.
We are member-based, representing members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, managers, songwriters, studios, venues and beyond. Through our programs and services, we provide information, education, advocacy and industry opportunities to develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Alberta music industry.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the creation, planning and delivery of Alberta Music’s programs including professional development, industry development and market development initiatives. The manager will make connections in the industry, and help our members understand how to act strategically to make the biggest impact with their careers.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of the music industry, is aware of musicians and music industry professionals’ needs and current trends.
The Program Manager will work with Alberta Music’s membership committee to meet the needs of Alberta Music’s strategic direction and the needs of our membership.
● Identify goals, needs, and objectives, and develop delivery plans of Alberta Music’s programs;
● Manage the logistics of Alberta Music’s programming including management of program budgets, resources and supervision program staff;
● Develop materials such as guidelines, forms, communications and marketing;
● Evaluate the effectiveness of the programs and report results to stakeholders;
● Prepare narrative and financial reports as needed;
● Coordinate accounts payment for programs;
● Liaise with other organizations and develop partnerships where possible;
Program Manager – July 2021
● Review, evaluate, report and revise programs as required;
● Consultations with members regarding career development and funding applications;
● Represent the association at local, national and international events;
● Assist Executive Director with tasks as required;
● Participation on committees, boards as required.
● Experience in project management or administration within the music industry;
● Ability to maintain effective workflows, systems and processes;
● Experienced and networked with people and genres in the music industry;
● Detail-oriented, with a focus on deadlines and proficiency;
● A talent for communicating effectively and navigating professional relationships.
Alberta Music is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming and unbiased employer and encourages applications from all equity-seeking groups. To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume and three references to Carly Klassen – Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Manager. Applications will be accepted till 4PM on Friday, July 23, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity at Alberta Music however, only candidates who meet the requirements and are selected for an interview will be contacted.