Interim Executive Director Job Posting
June 28, 2021
June 28, 2021
INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB POSTING
The Alberta Music Industry Association is seeking applications for a 13-month interim position for the role of Executive Director. With offices in both Edmonton and Calgary, the Executive Director of Alberta Music works for the Board of Directors and oversees the finances and day-to-day operations of the organization. We are looking for an individual to provide leadership and management in support of the vision, values and objectives of Alberta Music according to the mandate of the Board, set within the policies, bylaws, Strategic Plan and Business Plan of the Association.
Position: Interim Executive Director
Term: 13-month Temporary Maternity Leave Coverage Dates: Mid-August 2021 through October 15, 2022
Alberta Music is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry to succeed in their careers.
We are member-based, representing members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, managers, songwriters, studios, venues and beyond. Through our programs and services, we provide information, education, advocacy and industry opportunities to develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Alberta music industry.
Alberta Music’s head office is located in Edmonton and this position will be located in Edmonton. As a provincial organization, we will consider submissions from other cities, provinces or territories. Moving expenses cannot be provided.
● Must be experienced in senior level administration, providing strategic direction and effective leadership for the organization;
● Understanding of business principles applied to a non-profit organization, with a demonstrated ability to lead operations and manage resources effectively;
● Proven ability to build and sustain successful relationships with government representatives, organizations and funders;
● Experience in grant writing, fundraising, and corporate sponsorships with the ability to research, develop and seek out new relationships with funding agencies and supporters that will benefit the organization
● Have the business and financial acumen to maintain a fiscally responsible budget;
● Efficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite with excellent and effective organizational and staff management skills;
● Ability to travel and represent Alberta Music in international and domestic environments;
● Energetic individual with a passion for music and a creative approach to program planning and event management;
● Minimum 5 years management level experience with a non-profit organization;
● Demonstrated experience working with a governing Board of Directors;
● Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant discipline or equivalent training and experience;
● Must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
This is a full time, temporary position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. A health-benefit package is provided. National and international travel may be required.
Alberta Music is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming and unbiased employer and encourages applications from all equity-seeking groups.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a detailed cover letter, resume and three references in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations in the cover letter.
For questions please email for further information. No phone or in-person inquiries please.
We appreciate all interest in this role; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.