CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: ALBERTA MUSIC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
September 5, 2017
The Alberta Music Industry Association is looking for individuals to join the Alberta Music Board to provide leadership and strategic direction for our provincial music industry.The Alberta Music Industry Association is looking for individuals to join the Alberta Music Board to provide leadership and strategic direction for our provincial music industry.
Does this sound like you? Maybe someone you know?
The Deadline for Nominations is 4:00pm, Monday September 11, 2017.
Individual, Band or Company Members will vote at the Annual General Meeting, Tuesday, September 26, 2017 and the results of the election will be announced that evening.
To be eligible for consideration, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
● Must be an Alberta Music Full, Band or Company Member in good standing.
● Must be respected in the community and be a music industry advocate.
● Direct experience in the music industry is an asset. However, a passion for music combined with a background in areas such as fundraising, arts and economic policy, finance, business, and government is also highly valued.
● Must possess leadership qualities and a willingness to dedicate volunteer time to further the initiatives of Alberta Music.
● Must provide a bio and a written statement outlining their vision for Alberta Music.
● Will be asked for a short speech (3 minutes) before election.
● Must be willing to participate in committees and/or events.
● Must be available for regular monthly board meetings, as well as a strategic planning meeting.
COMPLETE Nomination Packages must be received in our office No Later than 4:00 PM, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 to be valid.
Nominations received by deadline, but missing information will be deemed invalid.
Questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com
VOTING PROCESS:Alberta Music’s Board of Directors is comprised of 7-9 Board Members. There are currently 4-6 positions open for election. Our by-laws state that a minimum of three director positions must be filled from each geographical area code (780) & (403).
Directors in good standing represent the (780) region with two members and the (403) region with one. Therefore, in order to fulfill the requirement of three directors from each area code region, the first nominee from (780) and the first two nominees from (403) with the highest number of votes will be elected to the board. The board complement will be filled with the next highest number of votes, regardless of area code region.