EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB POSTING
November 8, 2016
Alberta Music – www.albertamusic.org
#301, 10526 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 1Z7
JOB POSTING – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Alberta Music Industry Association is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry succeed in their careers.
We are looking for an Executive Director to provide leadership and management in support of the vision, values and objectives of Alberta Music according to the mandate of the Board, set within the policies, bylaws, Strategic Plan and Business Plan of the Association. The successful candidate will be motivated by service to our members and be focused on building, connecting and inspiring a dynamic Alberta music industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Qualified candidates must be experienced in senior level administration, providing strategic direction and effective leadership for the organization;
• Experience in grant writing, fundraising, and corporate sponsorships with the ability to research, develop and seek out new relationships with funding agencies and supporters that will benefit the organization;
• Have the business and financial acumen to maintain a fiscally responsible budget;
• Strong networking skills in the music industry, not-for-profit and corporate communities with a motivated and productive approach to partnering with the community and working with stakeholders;
• Must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
• Must present a thorough understanding of the music and recording industry;
• Exhibit an understanding of developing budgets navigating financial statements;
• Excellent organizational, managerial and decision-making skills;
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field; and
• Experience working with a not-for-profit organization and governing Board of Directors is desired.
This position is located in Edmonton. Compensation is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
Please submit your resume electronically and in confidence to:
Hiring Committee at ABMusicCareers@gmail.com.
Deadline: November 21, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
Please note, only email applications will be accepted.