The Alberta Music Industry Association is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry succeed in their careers. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager oversees the delivery of Alberta Music’s programs, including professional development, industry development, and market development initiatives.
This is a full-time position in a fast-paced, challenging and ever-changing environment. We are looking for someone to join our team who shares a passion for the artist and is committed to helping Alberta music thrive.
- Manage the logistics of programming created or administered by Alberta Music, including the management of program budgets, timelines, resources, and supervising program staff;
- Oversee showcase and business development opportunities at local, national and international events;
- Create and develop strategic partnerships in the community and music industry;
- Organize and facilitate juries for various adjudications; - Assist in applications for project funding;
- Review, evaluate, report and revision of programs as required;
- One-on-one consultations with members regarding career development and funding applications;
- Represent the association in a professional manner at public and governmental functions;
- Represent the Executive Director at various functions/meetings when necessary
- Various office and administrative duties as required.
- Knowledge and/or background in the music industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including relating to public, industry and government;
- Familiarity with budgeting;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office;
- Ability to maintain the professional standards of the association;
- Diploma in music or arts administration program or minimum of three years’ experience working in the music industry
- Experience working with a non-profit would be an asset
- Valid driver’s license and passport required
Travel and attendance at local, national and international industry events is required. Compensation will be based on experience.
Please submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: February 10 @ 4:30pm.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note, only email applications will be accepted.