The Alberta Music Industry Association is looking for FOUR (4) people to join the Alberta Music Board to provide leadership and strategic direction for our provincial music industry.
Does this sound like you? Maybe someone you know?
The Deadline for Nominations is 4:00pm, Thursday, September 1, 2016.
Individual, Band or Company Members will vote at the Annual General Meeting, Monday, September 12, 2016 and the results of the election will be announced that evening.
To be eligible for consideration, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be an Alberta Music Individual, Band or Company Member in good standing.
- Must be respected in the community and be a "music industry partner."
- Direct experience in the music industry is an asset. However, a passion for music combined with a background in areas such as fundraising, arts and economic policy, finance, business, and government is also highly valued.
- Must possess leadership qualities and a willingness to dedicate volunteer time to further the initiatives of Alberta Music.
- Must provide a bio and a written statement outlining their vision for Alberta Music.
- Will be asked for a short speech (3 minutes) before election.
- Must be willing to participate in committees and/or events.
- Must be available for regular monthly board meetings, as well as a strategic planning meeting taking place on October 2 and 3, 2016.
COMPLETE Nomination Packages must be received no later than 4:00 PM on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 to be valid.
Nominations received by deadline, but missing information will be deemed invalid.
Questions or concerns can be directed to Chris Wynters, Executive Director, at (780) 428-3372, toll free (800) 465-3117 or by e-mail email@example.com
THE VOTING PROCESS:
Out of nine Board of Director positions, Alberta Music has four (4) positions open for election. Our by-laws state that a minimum of three director positions must be filled from each geographical area code (780) & (403).
Out of our existing directors who are in mid-term and don’t have to run, three are from the (780) region and two are from the (403) region.
Therefore, the first (403) nominee on this year’s ballot with the most votes will fill the seat on the board that fulfills the required minimum of three directors from that area. From there, like any other election, the other remaining three director positions will be filled by whomever gets the most votes.